1. Gazmatic Products should only be fitted by a suitably qualified person, as per the original equipment.
2. Never grip the piston rod, as this will damage the highly polished surface leading to possible premature failure of damper.
3. Check that after fitting there is space between the bump stops and the top of the damper. If there is not you may need to purchase shorter bump stops. Never omit the bump stops, if supplied.
4. After lowering or raising any vehicle, it is necessary to reset the tracking and in some cases also the camber settings. These should be returned to factory settings where possible.
5. To set up your car, set all the damper adjusters to mid setting, then adjust to suit
6. When fitting nonstandard wheel and tyre combinations and lowering the vehicle it is the responsibility of the owner to ensure there is adequate body and tyre clearance.
7. The top adjustable struts have multi rebound adjustments. Turning the adjusters fully anticlockwise gives a soft setting. Turning the adjusters clockwise gives a harder setting.
8. The Gaz shock adjuster affects both bump and rebound. To set the adjuster for the soft position turn anticlockwise until it stops. The multi point adjustment will increase the damping forces with each clockwise click of the adjuster knob. Excessive over adjustment may cause damage to the adjuster mechanism.
9. Maximum lowering is achieved where the bump stops are sitting just off the top of the dampers. Never ride the car on the bump stops as this will decrease the life of the dampers and not give optimum handling.
10. Using stiffened/uprated shock absorbers and springs increases the load on other suspension components. We do not accept any liability for premature failure of any associated part.
11. To get the best results from your Gaz kit, geometry set by a specialist.
General information regarding the fitment of shock absorbers, suspension struts and lowering kits.
Replacing shock absorbers on any vehicle requires mechanical automotive experience.
Under no circumstances should any tool be used to grip the piston rod. This will inevitably produce damage to the smooth surface of the piston rod and torn chamber seals, resulting in fluid loss and an unservicable unit.
Please take time to examine other suspension components during fitment and renew any worn items with suitable replacements.
Suitability : Be sure to check that the parts you are supplied are suitable for the vehicle for which they are intended. We cannot replace any items that have been correctly supplied to the information that we have been given after they have been fitted.
Springs: Please ensure that springs are fitted correctly and not inverted. If you are unable to determine the correct fitting position for your vehicle please refer to your workshop manual or seek guidence from a qualified person.
Brake bias adjustment: Some vehicles that are fitted with a brake bias system may require resetting or adjustment after installation of your new shock absorbers and springs.
Mechanical ABS sensor adjustment: Some vehicles that are fitted with mechanical ABS sensors may require resetting or adjustment after installation of your new shock absorbers and springs.
Steering geometry: Unless Gaz Shocks specify alternative measurements, please use the settings detailed by the manufacturer of the vehicle. Lowering measurements: The reduction in ride height quoted in our catalogue is approximate and can be affected by many factors that are outside the control of GAZ Shocks. Please ensure that your car has not been subject to any other conversion that may continue to influence its ride height after installation and impair the performance of our product.
N.B With some Mercedes models, worn spacers between the coil spring and spring pan may result in excessive lowering. Replacement spacers are readily available from Mercedes Benz spares stockists and should effectively remedy this problem.
Problems associated with excessive lowering: Gaz Shocks recommend that no vehicle is lowered more than 60mm. We will not accept any claim for damage or excessive wear to any component or area of a vehicle however caused. Vehicles that have had their ride height reduced in excess of 40mm often benefit from having their steering geometry reset to the data detailed by the manufacturer of the vehicle to promote even tyre wear. In some extreme cases even this course of action will not remedy the situation and Gaz Shocks cannot be held responsible for any excessive tyre wear however caused.
Aftermarket wheels & tyres: Please ensure that the wheels and tyres fitted to the vehicle will allow enough clearance from the bodywork after installation of the lowering kit. Gaz Shocks are not responsible for any damage to tyres or bodywork caused by friction during contact.
Gaz Shocks warranty: Your Gaz Shock is covered by a two year warranty, effective from the date that the shock was purchased. In the unlikely event of a claim under the warranty, the Company will require evidence of purchase. It is a requirement of the Gaz warranty agreement that any faulty unit must be returned to the dealer from whom it was purchased. The dealer will then forward it to the Gaz Quality Department who will assess any relevant claim. The Company will, at its discretion, repair or replace shocks which are part of a valid claim. This warranty will not be valid if there is evidence of incorrect installation or signs that the unit has been tampered with. Units should be returned to the Quality Manager, at the address shown below. A note giving details of the failure and the conditions prevailing at the time should accompany the unit. Receipt of the unit will be acknowledged and the Company will endeavour to respond within 10 working days. This warranty does not apply if the shock has been used for competition purposes.
Gaz Shocks are dedicated to producing Shock Absorbers and Struts that satisfy the exacting requirements of our customers. As part of our Quality System, we are committed to a quality improvement programme and we regard the feedback of our customers as an essential part of this process.
WARNING Do not overtighten base control knob in either direction, as this will result in locking the adjustment on the complete assembly.
Any comments / observations that you have should be sent to: The Quality Manager. Gazzmatic International Ltd. Rayridge House. Swinborne Road. Burnt Mills Industrial Estate. Basildon. Essex SS13 1EH. United Knigdom.